General Information
Social Services Director
Susan M. Keck
(208) 878-8825
Phone Numbers
(208) 878-5240
Fax: (208) 878-8825
Emergencies: Dial 911
1459 Overland Ave, Rm 105

Social Services / Indigent

Cassia County, Idaho Established 1879, Seal

Cassia County Indigent Assistance

Non-medical services provided by Cassia County includes only indigent disposition of the deceased as required by Idaho Statute § 31-3412.

With the repeal of the Charity and Indigent Fund Levy as signed into law in 2022 to provide property tax relief to Idahoans, counties no longer receive funding for non-medical indigent services.

Cassia County will continue to support annually, as funds are available and upon approval of the Board of County Commissioners, other entities providing assistance to Cassia County indigent persons.

Individuals needing assistance may consider reaching out to the Burley South Central Community Action Partnership, 314 E 5th St – Burley ID 83318 – (208) 678-3514 – (

Third Party Request for Indigent Disposition of Deceased.pdf

Susan M. Keck
Social Services Director
Courthouse Deputy Clerk Supervisor

1459 Overland Ave, Room 105
Burley, Idaho 83318

P: (208) 878-5240
F: (208) 878-8825

Resolution No 2012-022 Policies and Procedures for Indigent Deceased 
Resolution No 2024-003 Repealing Resolution 2002-11-1 and Amending Resolution No 2012-022