General Information
203 East 15th St.
(208) 878-3540 (Property Side) (208) 878-3549 (DMV)

Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm

Assessor FAQ

No answers matched your search


Idaho law required that all taxable property be assessed at market value each year. To do this, your assessor develops valuation guidelines based on sales prices of comparable homes in your area. Some factors that often influence what a buyer would pay for your home and land are size, quality, age, condition, and location. The county assessor uses this information to estimate how much a buyer might reasonably pay for your home if it were to sell on January 1 of the current year.

Tax rates may be affected by a variety of factors. Rates may increase due to a taxing district’s emergency needs or voter-approved bonds and override levies. total tax rates may increase due to the creation of a new taxing district that includes your property or because other property values declined while yours didn’t.

Yes.  Please look at the property page for details on Homeowners Exemption and Property Tax Reductions programs.

Please visit the property page for details on how to qualify and apply for homeowner’s exemption.

Please visit the property page for details on how to qualify and apply for Property Tax Reduction (Formally known as Circuit Breaker).

Contact your county assessor if you disagree with the assessed value. Your assessor maintains a file of information on your property. If you have questions about your assessment, you should review this information with the assessor to ensure its accuracy. If you can’t resolve your disagreement with the assessor, you may appeal to the county board of equalization, which consists of your elected county commissioners. Most appeals must be filed with your county clerk by the fourth Monday in June. Properties assessed at other times of the year have different appeal dates. Property values maintained by your county assessor are public records. You may also ask to review the value of other properties in that county.

Only a licensed surveyor can show you where your property boundary lines are.  A licensed surveyor will clearly mark the boundary of your property with markers. If your property has been surveyed, find the markers to determine your boundary lines. If you are uncertain if your property has been surveyed, please come into Assessor’s office as sometimes we can find information on previous surveys. If your property has never been surveyed, you will need to hire a licensed surveyor to find your boundary lines.

Assessor maps cannot be used to define boundary lines as there can be errors in Assessor’s maps due to scanning errors, trying to map the round earth on flat surface, and errors in the data.


You should bring the following:

  1. The vehicle being titled and registered. You will need to have the vehicle identification number (VIN) inspected if the vehicle is from out of state. This inspection can generally be performed by a deputy of either the county assessor motor vehicle office or the county sheriff's office.
  2. Current title and registration.  If the vehicle has not been titled in your name, be sure the title has been signed over to you by the seller, and that you have a bill of sale from the seller.  If the title is being held by a lienholder, bring the lienholder's name and address.  If your title has been lost, you will need to apply for a duplicate title from the state of issuance.
  3. Your personal identification.
  4. Cash or a check for payment of any applicable taxes and fees

For additional information regarding vehicle licensing and titling, contact your local county assessor's motor vehicle office, or go to the Vehicle Services Web Page.

Manufactured homes have titles similar to a vehicle.  In order to transfer a title, the title must be signed over to the new owner.  A signed title is then taken to DMV where ownership will be transferred.  A new title will be issued under the name of the new owner.  The current cost to transfer a title is $14.00.